SL Burnout


*heaves a heavy sigh* Just saw this video on my friend Gabrielle Riel's blog Songs from The Nightingale

Quote from Gabi's blog: This stunning machinima "AWOL", was created by Lyric Lundquist. She says that Bettina's post on "SL is Killing Me" perfectly explains what she is portraying here.



I have always know that there was SL burn out, I have been fighting it for just over a year now. I can't deny that there are still glimmers and streaks of joy for me in SL, but there area also shadows and fissures of disappointment and defeat as well. I am lucky to have a small but very diverse and supportive network of people keeping me going.

To those of you who keep me going, you know who you are, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can't promise that I can keep going for ever, but with your help, I will do my best not to let you down.

1 comments:

Camilla said...

If you have followed the comments on the other blog you will see many good ideas. Here is what I posted there in response to them:

"I too reach SL burnout, as do many of us who create. I like the idea of truly living as an alt for a day or two. Not as a substitute for myself, but as a totally different person. Perhaps an elf off in the elven lands, or a steampunk resident. Or perhaps a damsel with a rifle in the wild west. And totally BE that person. How liberating that could be to learn to PLAY again in Second Life.

And return refreshed to my main avatar, ready to get back down to the business of living and working my Second Life, as my main avatar. And know that I can always escape for a little break when I need to, without feeling that I must leave SL altogether."

Good luck to you, Serra. You are doing great work, and getting an assistant was definitely a step in the right direction. Now, GO PLAY somewhere with an alt! No one can IM you with a (perceived) crisis that way! Or just put a note in your profile that says to contact your assistant, and ignore the IMs!