It's been a while since I wrote here, but I have a cause that has caught my attention...

A few weeks ago Darien Mason's human was banned from Second Life due to TSO infractions. The specific infraction was creating alts to be used as "community alts" to be used by a group of humans to further the role play and story lines.

I believe with all my heart that this was not done to cheat or take advantage of anyone, it was done to facilitate and further a wonderfully detailed and complex role play storyline.

If anyone knows Darien, you know that he is a nonstop story telling machine... committed to weaving a world that we all have in some way large or small taken part in. There was joy in his stories. There was fun. There was silliness. There was intrigue. There was community.

I ask that you all take a moment to log into the Second Life website and go to the support section (link found at the top of the screen right underneath the banner) and look for the "submit a ticket" and fill out the form. I have included the copy of my ticket to give you an idea of what you might like to say.

Thank you for your consideration, and hopefully joining me in getting Darien back on the grid with us.

Summary: Request to reconsider avatar banning

Ticket Type: Technical Issue

Technical issue: I've logged in, but there is a problem

Inworld Issue: Avatar

Did you check the Knowledge Base?: No, I did not check the Knowledge Base

Preferred Language: English

Details: Hello, I am writing to humbly request that Darien Mason's ban case be reopened and reconsidered. Darien Mason, while did in fact break the TSO, he has spent the last few weeks thinking about his actions and regrets them greatly. He is a HUGE part of the victorian steampunk roleplaying community, and his absence from Winterfell, Caledon, Steelhead, Steeltopia and New Babbage has left a hole in all of our lives. I beg you to at least talk to Darian Mason (darien.mason@gmail.com ) to get a feel for his sincerity and reconsider his banning... Please allow him (not his alts) back onto the grid. Thank you for your consideration - Miss Serra Anansi of Winterfell

9 comments:

Eleanor Anderton said...

Thanks, Serra, for starting this. I'll go right now to add a few words of my own.

Rhianon Jameson said...

I quite agree with your comments about Dr. Mason and his plight - the grid is a poorer place without him.

I can only hope that our collective efforts might have some positive effect...and that filing such a ticket does not itself turn out to be some obscure TOS violation. :)

itsdavidvc said...

I am grateful to all of you for your continued support! Let us see if this mountain can be moved, shall we?

Eladrienne Laval said...

Despite my wanting to knock him with one of Miss Malaprop's swordsticks for his action--I thought about it and have put in a good word as well.

And yes, Miss Jameson, I contemplated the same thing about how LL might view the ticket itself.

Forelle Broek said...

I also submitted a ticket. Thanks to Serra for initiating this effort. Here's hoping we'll be able to welcome Darien back to our midst before too long.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for starting this Miss Anansi. nBermann

Tanarian Brenaur ferch Owain fab Bran (Davies) said...

Done, ma'am.

http://tanarian.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-darien-mason-ticket.html

Forelle Broek said...

I got a reply, pretty soon after submitting my ticket, saying that, because of data privacy law, they can't respond about the issue except to the account holder. Well duh. Anyway, I hope they're actually reading them and noting the support, and not just mechanically sending that legalistic reply.

Anonymous said...

Just a note to add... he has taken up residence in the OS Grid in my own home sim there called "Quirm"