Winterfell Newsletter - November 2007


As you all know I have been a bit crazy insane busy the last few weeks, so I thought a quick run down of what has been happening and what is coming up for Winterfell would be helpful.

In October, Winterfell was featured in the Second Life magazine Prim Perfect. It was an honor to be recognized by such a well known publication. You can read all the articles here.

Also in October the dark Victorian themed sim of Winterfell Absinthe was delivered. I added this themed sim to act as the gateway to the amazingly popular and respected Victorian/Steampunk nation of Caledon. Early next year Winterfell and Caledon will share an ocean link and we will be able to either sail or take a ferry between our two fine nations. I can not begin to tell you how excited I am about this link, it has been a long time dream of mine to share a boarder with my dear and long time friend Desmond Shangs nation.

In the next week or so another set of void sims will be delivered, and next month I will be ordering Winterfell Laudanum (another dark Victorian sim). When Laudanum is delivered, Winterfell land holdings will be 983,040 square meters. WOW!!

Which brings me to my current project: I have regained the 8192 meters of land north of the village, to re create Winterfell Castle. To facilitate the new build the north wall of the village will need to be taken out so the castle opens up into the village. This has the potential to be another semi painful expansion. I need to ask for some help with the following:

- Merchants who have larger shops and are willing to move into smaller locations with the same prim allowances

- Merchants who are willing to move to a second floor location.

- Tent merchants will be moved to proper shops

- And finally, something that I don’t want, but if there happens to be any merchants who would like to leave the village, I can offer a refund on remaining rent.

When the castle is finished there will be the following areas:

- Club 13 (looking for a better name, if anyone has ideas. Does not need to have 13 in the name.)

- Community meeting hall

- Space for the upcoming Winterfell Library

- Shop space in the base of the castle to help replace shops lost by the expansion

- Formal open gardens and gazing pool in the middle of the village

- My personal residence.

In addition to all the physical changes in the village, I will be working at making the village a proper “capital” for Winterfell. Silverdrake Sparrow has started the community projects by setting up a group Flickr account, you can see it here. Anyone looking for a place to hold regular meetings, group events, civic services will have my full and enthusiastic support.

That’s it for now. Please IM or email me if you are able to help me with the village expansion, or if you have ideas on how to get it all to work.

Much love,

Miss Serra

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely great Serra... I feel as if I live within a masterpiece... :)

Anonymous said...

Name Suggestions for the Club name:

Winterfell Wane
Dance Alley
Decadence
Blue Pigeon (after the Victorian phrase flying the blue Pigeon)
Spring Heeled Jack's
Vitriol